Signs you Might have Unwanted Roommates
Rodents are cunning and prefer to stay out of sight. But even the most careful rodents will leave behind tell-tale traces of their passing. Signs you have rodents include:
• Rodent droppings. This is perhaps the easiest way to identify a rodent problem. Their small droppings (they resemble coffee grounds) can often be found near food sources and under sinks.
• Nesting materials. To make their nests, mice and rats use small scraps of paper, fabric and plant matter. If you find bits of these in strange places, it might mean you have rodents.
• Holes. To make their lives easier, mice and rats will often chew holes through barriers between their nests and their food sources. Look for gnawed walls to determine whether or not rodents have been passing through.
• Stale smells. Rodents aren’t known for the cleanliness. If you discover stale smells in out-of-the-way areas such as cupboards, you may have a rodent problem.
• Scampering noises. Although rodents tend to be active at night, when the commotion of the house is at a minimum, you may hear scampering in the walls at any time of day or night.
• Unusual pet behaviour. Chances are your cat or dog will pick up on the presence of rodents long before you do. If your pet suddenly starts adopting hunting behaviours, there might in fact be something to hunt.
What Should I do if I have Rodents?
Rodent infestations are a serious problem and should be dealt with by a professional exterminator who knows all the most effective pest control methods. If you’re in the Vancouver, Langley, Victoria, and anywhere in the lower mainland BC areas, contact us at Pest Detective. Not only can we help you get rid of any rodents that have taken up residence in your home, we can also give you pest control advice that will help prevent them from visiting you in the future.